Thursday 25 September 2014

Product Review: Which Gives Best Hair Growth? T444Z, JBCO or Jamaican Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil

Guest post By F.M Mburu 

I had the big chop over 5 years ago but my hair seemed to be stuck at the same length. Granted, I coloured my hair twice and didn't have a personal hair care regimen. But still. So finally, a year ago I decided I'd had enough and decided to experiment with products that promised increased hair growth. After some research, I narrowed it down to 3 products: T444Z, JBCO and Jamaican Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil.


For last 6 months, I have been experimenting with each product for a 2 month period as per the instructions on the product and I kept a weekly journal to record any changes. These were my findings:

T444Z:
IMG_5738
source
Size: 150g tub
Cost: About KES 2,400/-
Ingredients: Aloe, Herbal extract, Rose oil, Chamomile, Menthol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Castor Oil, Peppermint, Papaya Extracts, Vitamin A, Carrot Extracts, Shea Butter and Essential Oils.
Appearance: It's yellow in colour and has a slightly minty smell.  
Instructions: Use once a week but daily on balding spots. 
Outcome: 
Pros: During the two month period, I did not experience any loss of hair especially on my hairline and there was regular growth on the thinner spots along my hairline. 
Cons: T444Z is too greasy and made my hair too coarse. No matter how much water I used to dampen my hair it would still be coarse in the morning. Also it has some particles that would leave residue on my clothes during combing.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
source
Size: 118ml bottle. 
Cost: KES 450/-
Ingredients: Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Appearance: Very thick, tea-coloured oil that has a slight pungent smell. 
Instructions: Use once daily but I used it twice a week. 
Outcome:
Pros: It is very thick so a little goes a long way. At the end of two months, I did notice that my hair was thicker and darker. It also made my hair soft and manageable. I saw regular growth and achieved more length when I stretched my hair using JBCO. 
Cons: Because it so thick, my hair was always greasy which reignited my acne problem. I would leave hair prints in chairs, windows, pillows etc .


Jamaican Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil

source

Size: 118ml bottle 
Cost: KES 850/-
Ingredients: Jamaican Red Pimento Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Wheat Germ, and Organic Coconut Oil.
Appearance: It looks just like JBCO with a STRONG smell. It also solidifies in cool temperatures.
Instructions: apply to scalp, massage then put on heating cap for 20 minutes then wash and style as desired. I skipped the wash part and used it twice a week.
Pros: My hair grew faster than usual and it was super soft; must be the coconut oil. I had really easy mornings as my hair stretched so well, I could run my fingers through it. The nozzle applicator made it easy to use with less wastage. What I really loved is that it is non greasy so no prints and no acne. 
Cons: The smell is really something! It can be irritating to people with sensitive noses. It is also quite pricey for such small quantity.



Conclusion
The Red Pimento oil worked best for my hair and has become part of my hair regimen. I followed MBFA's advice on finding a regimen that works for you hence the reason why I did the experiment. Take your time as results may not be instant. At the end of the day, what matters is healthy hair which eventually leads to length retention. 

*********************

MBFA says: I've only tried JBCO. I love it but it is very thick which makes it hard to apply. I only use it to seal my ends as it's such a tiny bottle.

If you would like to be a guest contributor or would like to do a hair feature, please send an email to mybigfatafro@gmail.com. 

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post but have just stumbled upon it as I was trying to find which is the best to use among the three so this has been very very insightful. Might just get a big jar and fuse all 3 together for super fast results,lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mybigfatafro,

    Where can I purchase the Tropic Isle Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil/Jamaican Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil? Is there any store you can recommend in Nairobi?

    Kind Regards

    Sadit Khalam.........ksadit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete