Thursday 12 September 2013

Product Review: Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk

It must be love..love, love


My hair has been feeling quite dry lately, even though my moisture routine hasn't changed, so I have been on the lookout for something to help ease the dryness. 

A few weeks ago I was at a friend's house and saw she had just bought the Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk. I tried a little on an old twist and my hair felt soft and moisturized, even the following day after it had dried.

I decided to order one for myself from www.mystrawberrystore.com and it arrived the same day! Excellent. I used it the same day to revive my old twists and when I unravelled them that afternoon, I could not get over how soft, smooth and moisturized my hair felt! My twist out was soft yet still had good definition. 

The instructions say use it on damp hair but I have since tried it on both damp and dry hair to see if it makes a difference. I find it goes on much easier on damp hair but is still effective on dry, although you end up using a bit more. 

At the beginning of this week, I used it over my spritz to seal my hair after a henna gloss and I was astonished at how silky my hair felt. Feels cheesy to use that word ..silky...but it is! Usually, after I henna, my hair feels quite coarse and dry and I have to diligently moisturize and seal to get it feeling soft again. With this product though, it was instantaneous. Quite incredible really.

Consistency: The first ingredient is water so it is no surprise that it is quite light, a little like a thick lotion. I wasn't sure this would work for me as I have only used heavy butters so far but I am now a total convert. 

Price: Kshs 1650/- excluding delivery - a little steep; I have used about 1/5th of the bottle in about two weeks...although, I AM heavy handed. 

Use: Shea Moisture describes it as a moisturizing styling cream. I have only used it on twists so far and it has done what it promises, namely, frizz-free, well defined, soft, shiny, twist-outs.

Verdict: I absolutely love this product. The only downside is that it can leave your hair feeling a bit greasy but it could just be that I used too much over a short space of time. Nonetheless, this is definitely going to be one of my staples, if not THE staple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment