Thursday 11 September 2014

Product Review: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo

source


This product was never on my radar. I'd heard loads of reviews about how stripping it was for hair and I was happy enough with my sulphate-free shampoo. So when someone gifted it to me, it sat rather reluctantly on my shelves until I decided to try it out a few months ago. Boy was I in for a surprise.

What's In It:

Purified water 
Organic mandarin orange fruit, organic marigold flower, organic white willow bark, organic sea kelp
C14-16 olefin sulfonate - detergent, foaming agent - potentially causes skin irritation
Cocamidopropyl betaine - mild detergent, thickening agent, foaming agent - potentially causes contact dermatitis
Phytic acid - chelating agent
Citric acid - preservative, chelating agent, pH adjuster, fragrance
Sea salt - thickener? (not sure)
Phenoxyethanol - preservative
Natural fragrance


What It Looks Like:

A thick, pale-pale, green liquid with a pleasant citrus scent.

source

Cost:

I know it is available locally but I don't know how much it goes for. It retails in Target for about $11.99 (or KES 1080/-)


The Verdict:

I love it! Yup. Although lots of reviewers say it's drying, it felt much less drying than my regular shampoo (Tints of Nature). It had lots of foam (which actually doesn't mean anything) and despite this Natural Haven post, my scalp suffered no irritation. I also like the fact that it is chelating so I used it after my holiday to help remove the chlorine from my strands. It left my scalp feeling clean and my hair clean but not too stripped. Although I now use my mud wash for regular gentle cleaning, this is definitely on my arsenal for a deeper cleanse.


Would I Buy It Again?

Definitely!





No comments:

Post a Comment