Tuesday 1 October 2013

Week 3 Fitness Challenge: Check!

Today marks the beginning of the third week of my five-times-a week lift-heavy-or-go-home personal challenge.  

I've now got a great routine doing Legs on Day 1, Arms and Abs Day 2, Chest and Shoulders Day 3, Back and Abs Day 4 and Legs again Day 5.  Cardio generally is running to and from the gym, 1.88 and 1.57 kms respectively, but this sun is making that harder and harder to do! 

Yesterday I had a client cancel so I found myself in the gym unexpectedly with nothing to do.  Nothing worse than not having a plan.  Especially if you were supposed to be having a rest day.  Have a plan people! I faffed around on the cross trainer for ten minutes then did treadmill HIITS for another ten then chatted with a few other PTs I hadnt seen in a while before finally just biting the bullet and decided to do abs alone (couldnt face legs). I had just got into the swing of things and had got a little circuit when Mr Muscle and his posse came in.  We all know those guys.  Come in all swagger and testosterone and completely overpower the weights area.  Actually Mr Muscle is really nice (and a cutie pie too!) but they did take over the decline bench and I lost the nerve to ask them to set in.

Anyway, I managed to finish my circuit with a slight alteration and all in all in all burned 545 calories in 80 minutes. Not stupendous but not bad considering the weak start.

Legs today! Give me strength!




No comments:

Post a Comment