Friday 11 July 2014

New Coconut Oil In Stores Now!

ZThere seems to be a coconut oil shortage in Nairobi. Which is really frustrating because it's not like we're importing the stuff. Particularly sad to me is the fact that Coast Coconut Farms has apparently taken a large international order and can't service their local market until December. Shame on you Coast Coconut! 

So I've been on the hunt for a new coconut oil. A few months ago I stumbled across this oil but my sister pilfered it before I even got it home and when I went back to the shop they were gone. 



I came across it again recently in Nakumatt Karen so I bought a few bottles and I LOVE it. It's from Navida Foods and it smells and tastes gorgeous! It's cold pressed so it as not to lose any of its nutritional value. It went onto my hair like butter, leaving it silky after my prepoo and was very affordable (Kshs 575/- for 750ml). Love. 

The drought is over. 

Update: Email response from Navida:

Dear Nina

Thank you for your interest in our virgin coconut oil and we are happy to hear all feed back from our oil.
You can find it in Nakumatt stores around the country, Elixir in Westlands, Organic Farmers market in Karen, Healthy U has our premium oil under their own label. I hope you have success and will enjoy the oil.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information. I got a bottle from Karen today. Hoping the scent is easy on the nose.

    ReplyDelete