Saturday 28 December 2013

Mombasa Diaries: Day 3

It's my sister's last day so we are determined to make the most out of today.

We have a busy day of swimming and lounging around by the pool interspersed with some childcare (the husband is sheepishly attentive after extending the birthday pass for an extra day so childcare on my part is minimal). I soak my hair and spritz it liberally with my oil/conditioner mix (adapted this morning
for coastal conditions by adding glycerine and more oil). I even spritz my sister's weave, bun it and scarf it and it looks super cute if I must say so myself. 




We spend the whole day swimming in the pool and walking along the beach. I try to rinse my hair as much as possible between pool breaks to get the chlorine off. I do a quick co-wash in the evening before we go out for sundowners and back into knots my hair goes. I can tell it needs a trim and despite my best efforts it still feels drier than usual. I'm also not that happy about the constant handling and the tangles aren't helping so I'm starting to wonder if this was such a good idea after all. 

Grr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment